Ozark Handspun News

Artisan-crafted homespun yarn made in Missouri, USA.

Friday, October 26, 2012

Project 4 - Toddler Mittens


Here is Oliver modeling his new mitten. It's getting chilly here, and we're going to Missouri to visit Grandpa Dave tomorrow, where it will be really chilly, and Olie didn't have mittens! So, I've made him a pair. Well, actually as of this post, I've only made one. Hopefully, I'll get the other one made before we leave for the airport in the morning. First, though, I need to pack...
To make this mitten, I cast on 8 stitches of Ozark Opulent II, with a gauge of about 1.5 stitches per inch. The I knit enough rows to cover his hand, about 8. I then broke the yarn, leaving enough of a tail to sew the square together later. Then I tied on some bulky yarn (blue is Olie's choice) to the Ozark tail, and knit on sixteen stitches. Next I knit two purl two for four rows before casting off and sewing up the cuff and mitten. 

p.s. I had intended to make a to-go coffee cup warmer, and then I realized that last week's wrist warmer easily doubles as a coffee cup warmer.

p.p.s. I LOVE the ankle warmer. It extends flip flop season by at least a month!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home