Ozark Handspun News

Artisan-crafted homespun yarn made in Missouri, USA.

Friday, October 12, 2012

Project One - One Size Fits Most Hat


It's fall, and that means we're approaching the holiday season. I love giving presents, preferably ones I've made. Making presents takes takes time, so I'm starting now. My goal is to post a gift I've made every week from Ozark Handspun yar

n. The projects will be simple (I'm a beginner knitter) and quick (I'm a stay at home mom). Please knit-a-long with me!
-Velma

The first project is a hat, that is nearly one size fits all. It's small enough for my two year old, and stretchy enough for me.  Here's the base pattern:http://ozarkhandspun.blogspot.com/2007/01/ozark-handspun-hat-pattern.html

I only cast on 18 stitches, though, and knit 18 rows. Otherwise the instructions are exactly the same. I used about 3/4 of the skein, I used Avatar -http://ozark.bigcartel.com/product/avatar-3198 - because Oliver likes blue.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home