Ozark Handspun News

Artisan-crafted homespun yarn made in Missouri, USA.

Friday, October 12, 2012

Project Two - Super Skinny Scarf

It's week two of our DIY Ozark holiday gift making. 

To compliment the hat from last week, I used the rest of the skein, which was about the size of my fist when rolled in a ball, to make a super skinny scarf. All I did was cast on three stitches, and kept knitting until I ran out of yarn. I knit really loosely on size 13 circular needles. If you knit more tightly, try size 19 needles. 
As you can see, it's enough for Oliver to wrap around twice, and for me to tie once. This is a great way to use up a little bit of yarn, and make something lovely and versatile. 


  Next week, gauntlets!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home